812 McClung Tower
Knoxville, TN 37996-0480
Phone: 86- 974-7213
I earned my Ph.D. from Temple University in 2010. After a two year post-doc at Leeds (UK), I joined the Department as a Lecturer in the fall of 2012.
I work mainly in aesthetics, including its intersections with the philosophy of mind and theories of imagination. I have interests also in the philosophy of music.
Recent, representative publications
- "Moving in Concert: Dance and Music" (with Noël Carroll) In: P. Goldie and E. Schellekens (eds.), Philosophical Aesthetics and Aesthetic Psychology. Oxford: OUP, forthcoming.
- "The Philosophy of Art and Aesthetics, Psychology and Neuroscience: Studies in Literature, Music, and the Visual Arts" (with Noël Carroll and William P. Seeley); Aesthetic Science, Stephen Palmer and Arthur Shimamura, eds. (Oxford University Press, 2011).
- "Music and Motion Pictures," (with Noël Carroll). The Routledge Companion to Philosophy and Music, Ted Gracyk and Andrew Kania, eds., 2011.
- "Feeling Movement," (with Noël Carroll). International Review of Philosophy, 2009.
- "Not Reconciled: Comments for Peter Kivy," (with Noël Carroll). Journal of Aesthetics and Art Criticism, vol.65 no.3, Summer 2007.
Recent, representative presentations
- "Music, Imagination and Philosophical Aesthetics." Institute for Music in Human and Social Development, University of Edinburgh, 2012.
- "Mere Exposure to Bad Art," (with Matthew Kieran and Aaron Meskin). American Society for Aesthetics, 2011.
- "The Content of Auditory Imagination." White Rose Aesthetics Forum, 2010.