Retired Associate Professor
806b McClung Tower
Knoxville, TN 37996-0480
My Ph.D. is from the University of Georgia and I joined the department in 1972.
Current research interests include philosophy and film, medical ethics, and philosophy of teaching
Recent, representative presentations
- Presentations at meetings of the American Association of Philosophy Teachers in 1990, 1992, 1994.
- Presentations at meetings of the Association for Practical and Professional Ethics in 1993, 1994, 1995.
Undergraduate courses in medical ethics, philosophy and film, ethical issues in mental health, history of philosophy
- Advising services (college)
- Faculty senate (university)
- Teaching council (university)
- Individualized program committee (college)
- Outstanding teacher selection committee (university)
- Library committee (university)
- Director of undergraduate studies (department)
- Committee for supervision of Graduate Teaching Associates (department)