I received my Ph.D. from UCLA in 2011. Before joining the Department in 2014, I was an Assistant Professor at Miami University of Ohio.
My research concerns a set of related topics in value theory, ethics, and action theory. I am especially interested in the ontological status of values and norms, and the implications of that status for practical reasoning and action.
Recent, representative publications
- "Action as Interaction", American Philosophical Quarterly 51(1), 75-84 (2014).
Recent, representative presentations
- "Justice and Love for Huckleberry," Pacific University, Northwest Philosophy Conference, October 2013.
- "On Inter-Species Empathy," Miami University, Thinking Interspecies (Altman Program in the Humanities Conference), April 2013.
- "Characteristics and the Roots of Value," University of Illinois Chicago, Department Colloquium, January 2013.
- "Action as Interaction," Northwestern University Society for the Theory of Ethics and Politics, May 2012.